Monday, July 8, 2013

Firecracker 50

Over the 4th my husband and his friend participated in the Firecracker 50 held in Breckenridge, Colorado. Here they are warming up before the start.
 The race starts downtown Breckenridge before the big 4th of July parade.  It's pretty cool for the riders since most people wouldn't have been there otherwise.  The kids had fun trying to pick out Daddy.




After the start we headed over to stake out our place for the parade.  Luckily a friend let us borrow these cool hats so we were officially in the spirit of the day!


After the parade we headed towards 'The Dredge' down French Gulch Road to see if we could spot them crossing the road.  We got lucky and saw both of them!

We headed back to the house for awhile and I ran up behind to what we call the 'snowmobile road'.  I made it with 8 minutes to spare.
After another hour or so we headed down to the finish at Carter Park.  I have video of the finish but no photos.  This is a shot of the support staff with the very dirty rider.

 The drink of champions:  1554....I kid, I kid!
 Still smiling.
 I guess a ghost beat these two!












No comments:

Post a Comment