Sunday, May 27, 2012

Horsetooth Mountain Park

I had a nice hike at Horsetooth Mountain Park today.  It wasn't too crowded when I started (8:30 am...a little later than I thought I would get going but, hey, it's a holiday weekend, right?) but by the time I finished (11:30 am) the parking lot was packed and people were driving in circles to get find any available space.

I saw two deer right off the bat around Horsetooth Falls.  The falls weren't anything special today just a little bit of dripping water.  I did see lots of wildflowers.  (Lupine)
 
Alpine Wallflower

Yellow Salsify

Sprawling Daisy
 Butter and Eggs
 
Sulpher Flower
Hound's Tongue

Penstemon
 


Prickly Pear Cactus


Hike: Horsetooth Mountain Park
Trails Used: Horsetooth Falls to Spring Creek to Westridge to Rock and down to Parkiung
Distance: 7.36 miles
Difficulty: Moderate
Overall average: 2.7 mph
Overall Time: 2 hrs, 41 min
Total Ascent: 2222 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment