Thursday, May 6, 2010

Horsetooth Mountain Park


I did a different route this time. I will have to map it when I have a free minute. Ha! Do I have free minutes? No....

It was a chilly, foggy day that made for some interesting pictures.
I stopped to see Horsetooth Falls. There was some water flowing. I saw I couple of other small falls along the way... This was after the fog lifted.
Around some of the pools the water formed I was able to see these cool creatures skimming the surface....
Speaking of wildlife...I saw this woodpecker (?) and beautiful blue jay (?) w/ iridescent colors. I wish I could have gotten a better picture of the blue jay but it was not meant to be. He kept flying away from me just as I went to take the picture!
Lastly, even though it was cold and foggy I did get to see some brilliant wildflowers! I knew spring/summer was coming....

Hike: Horsetooth Mountain Park
Trails Used: See Map Below, Horsetooth Rock Trail, Westridge Trail, Sprink Creek Trail, Horsetooth Falls Trail
Distance: 8.06 Miles
Difficulty: Moderate
Moving average: 3.0 mph
Overall average: 2.2 mph
Moving Time: 2 hrs, 42min
Stopped Time: 56 min, 01 sec
Total Ascent: 2330 ft.
Maximum elevation: 7085 ft.

No comments:

Post a Comment