Monday, May 24, 2010

Horsetooth Rock

I seem stuck in a rut lately but I was on limited time. Normally I hike early in the morning but this time we went late in the afternoon. We got to see that beautiful sun glow as the sun was going down. The pics are pretty but they still don't actually reflect how nice the light was. We were even able to see a couple of mule deer that weren't concerned about us at all. The front range was lit up magnificently! It's hard to believe how far you can see!

We had pretty views of Long's Peak too:

The flowers were beautiful but I was on an exercising mission and not a flower mission this outing.

Hike: Horsetooth Rock
Trails Used: Horsetooth Falls, Spring Creek Trail, Wathan Trail, Horsetooth Rock, Audra Culver, Service Road
Distance: ~5
Difficulty: Moderate to Difficult
Notes: I didn't take the GPS this time since I was on a schedule!

1 comment: