Friday, July 25, 2014

One night of camping....is it worth all the effort?

 For me it was since I got to see my moose.  However, it is a lot of work.  We kept it simple with sausage, coleslaw, and beans (I'd already cooked these at home) for dinner that night.

When we pulled in to our campsite (Aspen Campground, Site #3, in Gould Colorado) it was a beautiful sunny day...even a little bit on the hot side since there isn't much shade there.  It's a pretty area with Aspen (not tons) and wildflowers.

 After setting up camp we headed to the Colorado State Forest Visitor Center.  This sculpture is too cool!  It never gets old.  The sculptors did a great job with it.  I think even the kids appreciated it.
 After our hike at Lake Agnes we headed back to camp for snacks and 'special' drinks.  It finally decided to rain so we postponed dinner, hung out in the back of the truck (~20 minutes), and then restocked the fire, started dinner and hung out around the campfire eating s'mores.

 I got up early the next morning and went for a walk with my camera and lo and behold what did I see right outside of our campground?  Another moose!!
 Saw these two deer on the way back just as the sun was coming over the mountains.  Hard not to appreciate being out in the great outdoors when you start your morning like this!
 View of the Colorado State Forest, Nohku Crags, and Lake Agnes area:

No comments:

Post a Comment