Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Landscape Arch

 I'd already run out this way that morning (it was the golden hour w/ the sun) so I wasn't sure I would be able to get any good pictures of Landscape Arch in the late afternoon but was pleasantly surprised.  The kids barely made it there and needed to be prodded with some 'mintspirations.'  (Lifesavers).  The Fiery Furnace Tour, Skyline Arch, and no naps had made for some very tired little people.  They went to sleep quickly that night.  (The night before they had giggled madly in their sleeping bags for a good 2 hours!)
We did make the trek to see Pine Tree and Tunnel Arch as well.  I ran the primitive trail for a ways two days but it wasn't that obvious of a trail to follow and lost it so I never made the complete loop.  Another day I went towards Double O Arch and did see Navajo and Partition Arch but didn't want to go by myself to Double O.  It was high and no one knew I was going that far so I turned around.  I will say the light makes all the difference in the morning for a good photo of Landscape Arch.  Of the three mornings I ran only one would have been good for photographing.  Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment