Saturday, June 23, 2012

What's Fido drinking this week?

 
Yummmmm, it's a delicious peach daiquiri!  One hundred degree weather deserves one hundred percent fun summer drinks!  I made this with fresh peaches, peach nectar, rum, diet 7-up & ginger ale, and a couple of leaves of mint.  I threw everything but the rum into the blender and then threw it into the ice cream maker for 25 minutes.  I was rewarded with a perfect slush drink!  All I had to do was pour it for the kids and add rum for the adults!  Don't forget the umbrellas.  Nothing makes a fun summer drink complete like an umbrella!

The hot summer weather is bringing out the cook in me.  After I finished making my drink I decided a blueberry pie was next in line.  I had my heart set on this all week and boy did it live up to my dreams.  I used a recipe from my Cook's Illustrated magazine.  The crust is a huge pain in the butt but it does turn out perfect every time.  The filling needs a little extra TLC also but it's well worth the effort. 
Lastly, I made this yummy veggie stir fry to cleanse our system from a week of sausage and hamburgers.  It featured fresh bok choy, snap peas, onions (all from the garden), and broccoli.  I grilled it to add a bit more flavor and then topped it off with a sauce.  Over rice, it was just what the doctor ordered!

No comments:

Post a Comment